Tuesday 3 July 2007

School holidays

The first day of the school holidays was not quite a success. It started off OK. I went to the doctor to discuss the results of my MRI. The good news is that there is no major damage in there. I have tendinosis of the supraspinatus and various swellings and inflammations connected with that. So it is off again to the physio and any other practitioner that may be able to help. (Thank you for the suggestions)

I then took the kids to the playground for morning tea and a play, then back home for lunch and try and get the girls down for a sleep. Failed with one so we played soccer out the back.

Our back yard is tiered but down either side it is a full on slope and my eldest daughter decided to ride down this on her bike - with her training wheels, needless to say we are very lucky we didn't need to go to hospital. She did need her arm bandaging but only to fix the tears not the arm.

This is where I should have realised that things were going to take a turn for the worse, my youngest daughter slept for almost 4 hours this is so unlike her, but I just put it down to tiredness. How dumb am I?

When she got up she was so clingy and whiney and whingey etc etc. She refused dinner (nothing new there but that is another story) and a little later threw up and again, gave her panadol and she threw it up immediately. Then refused any more medicine and the harder I tried the more defiant she got.

To top all this I was on my own (Jon is in Melbourne, but don't worry he had a blow by blow account of the whole thing) trying to bathe 3 children one still vomiting, another trying to mother her to the point that I was yelling at her to leave her alone and thankfully my son being as helpful as he could. I do not know how single parents manage?

I was only up twice in the night, it could have been so much worse.

This morning I called the gym and cancelled the creche, I am not one of those mothers who can take their kids in all sick and snotty and expect someone else to deal with them, nor do I like the idea of passing the sickness to all the other children (although we probably got it from there in the first place). Nor do I think I could stop yawning enough to breathe properly and would probably end up with a stitch.

I am hoping for a vomit free day today.

No comments: