Wednesday 25 July 2007

Warm sunshine and shoulder


I sat outside and read a book in the warm sun today. It is the first time I have sat down and read a book during the day for ages. I can tick off - do something nice for me today. It was so nice to relax. Not that I have done too much today. The girls had a swimming lesson at 9am this morning. I have moved the lesson to this slot permanently. It seems much easier than rushing after the gym and physio on a Tuesday. After swimming a quick trip to a couple of shops and then home.


The girls have not slept this afternoon, but they did rest in their rooms for about an hour. You can't have it all can you!!


My shoulder has taken a (brief, I hope) turn for the worse. My physio thinks that due to the length of time I have had the problem, it could take a very long time to get better. He also said that it will be a lot of trial and error and some of the things we try will result in a bit of pain. He said the only other option was to lose functionality of the shoulder, he even mentioned 'frozen shoulder' Debstar, I remember your comments, that is not an option so I will have to persevere with the trial and error and occasional pain. This week due to the pain he has prescribed rest and minimal functional movements, just to keep the joint free and moving and pec stretches.


Just had a nice long chat to a friend on the phone, always good for the emotional state - but now in the absence of the cleaning fairy it is back to the kitchen for this Cinderella.

No comments: