Monday 18 June 2007

Graduation

Saturday night was the Graduation Party for my class. It was held in the City and promised to be the party of the year. Unfortunately it was not the case and the night did not live up to my expectations at all. Maybe my expectations were too high, who can say, but I have had much better evenings. That is not to say I didn't enjoy myself, because I did. It was great catching up with all my class mates. We spent so much time together that it seems ages since I saw them and not just 3 weeks.

A girlfriend and I decided not to drive, but to stay in a hotel in the city for the night. We planned on having dinner and then on to the party. However we arrived so late that all we had was a muffin at Starbucks, not exactly the dinner we had imagined.

I don't really want to complain so I am only going to briefly say what disappointed me. Not enough bar staff for the volume of guests. Not enough room for the volume of guests. Not enough nibbles for the volume of guests (especially when most had not eaten before). The microphones did not work. Music not to my taste. No room to dance.

Had a really nice breakfast on Sunday morning though at the Vibe hotel. It definitely helped with the hangover, I am sure I swore so many times in the past not to have ever again. Will I ever learn?

I am now wondering how many of those classmates I will intentionally see again. I hope that I will see them again, it just seems that these days people are too busy (me included) and our schedules never seem to coincide.

I did try to take a couple of pictures on my camera phone, but they didn't turn out very well so you will just have to imagine how good we all looked in our cocktail dresses.

Oh I didn't mention that Adro from The Biggest Loser was there. I think he graduated from one of the other classes. I didn't talk to him. Not my thing to talk to 'celebrities' and pretend that I know them.

No comments: