Wednesday 5 September 2007

Running in the rain

I've got a job interview this morning and I had to slot it in when I had booked to do my gym session. It's difficult with kids to arrange a time and the gym said I could bring them and put them in the creche - a gym that understands that 30 something women often have kids!!

So I cancelled my gym session and vowed to run this morning before Jon went to work. I knew there was a high chance of rain, but got up and went anyway. It was very wet and very cold, I didn't enjoy it much, my ears were really cold. However now I am back, have had my hot shower, I feel good that my workout is done for the day.

I didn't say that as I was on the homeward stretch, the rain stopped, the clouds broke and a rainbow appeared - shame I couldn't have had that extra hour sleep and then gone for my run.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

Good luck on the job.

Its cold and raining here too but I'm too lazy to go out in it.

Yummy Mummy said...

Good luck.. is it a PT position???
I have been known to also exercise in the rain!