Sunday 16 September 2007

Oh what to write?

I'm sat here thinking what to write. I'm thinking not too much exciting has happened lately. My car is fixed and going very well. We just signed a contract and parted with 10% of $12,000 to get a pergola on the back of our house. It is a lot of money but it will give us an extra room outdoors.

I am too afraid to let my kids eat lunch out there in the summer, so a pergola will give us the shade we need to enjoy the outside more.

Next on the shopping list is a spa.

My physio agreed last week that I could do a little upper body work. It has been almost a year to the day that I really hurt my shoulder so this has been a long process. I still have pain but my pain free range of motion has improved heaps the last couple of weeks. I really need to resist increasing the weights too quickly.

I have done 2 sessions so far, no overhead or lateral movements though. I am happy to say that even with the very light weights, I have a slight muscular ache in my back and biceps, not DOMS exactly but I know I have worked and it feels good.

I have to admit to having slightly more pain in my shoulder and my pain free ROM was less yesterday but I expected that. What is important now is that I rest it properly again before I work it again, and no increasing the weights.

So from a few weeks ago my physio telling me that surgery might be the only option, to lifting weights again. I can hardly believe it. Long way to go but I will get there.

No comments: