Saturday 1 September 2007

Difficult questions

Being English my neighbour thought it would be good to buy my son something Aussie for his birthday, he got an Aussie Joke book.

So my 8 year old son asks what is a brothel?

We are quite open with our kids (in age appropriate ways) and he knows a fair bit about, where babies come from, drugs awareness etc. I don't think he knows though that "special cuddles" are not just for making babies so how could I bridge from special cuddles to a brothel (why do I keep typing brother?).

I couldn't think of a way on the spot so it is the first time I have told him he is too young to need to know that yet, and he accepted it, well I think he did, he will probably google it later today.

Oh maybe I should let you know what the joke was........

An Irishman goes into a brothel (brother again) and sees a sign that says BYO - so he went home and got his wife.

4 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

all the same... it is a great joke...

LizN said...

That is funny :)

Kek said...

Mmm, I assume your neighbour didn't read through the book first?

LOL.

Cherub said...

You would hope not Kerryn.
Knowing how protective he is of his daughters, I thought I might loan them the book as revenge (both are older than my son) - still not appropriate behaviour - two wrongs ...... and all that.