Monday 23 April 2007

Fitness Expo & Endurance

I had a great weekend, very busy but great, the only downside is that I didn't get to see very much of my family, but I can make up for that later.

Can you believe that just by walking around the expo for 5 hours would make you want to go to bed at 9pm. The day started by meeting Kelly at 9am in Parramatta and then hopping on the train to Central Station. We had a nice stroll to the Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour.

It was so quiet when we first arrived and got to wander around and see a lot of the stalls. I came away with so much information, ideas and inspirations. It was great to be in a place with like minded people and knowing that everyone was there for the same reason. I also came away with so many free magazines that my hands and shoulders hurt from carrying them.

We left the Expo to get lunch and have a little walk in the fresh air. Everyone around us seemed (and probably was) into fitness in some kind of way, either working in the industry or having a huge interest in it. Lunch was the most delicious Thai Green Curry and rice. Not something that I have very often these days, but man it was yummy.

After lunch back to the expo and I don't know where all these people had come from but the place was buzzing. It was actually difficult to get to some of the stalls, felt a bit like Parklea Markets.

We must have started flagging cos we found ourselves watching more and more of the demonstrations. At about 3.30pm we decided to call it a day and head back to the station. The walk back was not so leisurely give all that I was carrying. Finally arrived back home at 5pm. I was too exhausted to cook dinner and when Jon got in from soccer he was in no state to cook either so we called an old friend Domino. Not talked to him for a while, but he came through with some delicious pizza. The kids were very happy.

College on Sunday was all about Endurance Training. It was so cool. I won't bore you with all the details but I learned so much. More so about the need to have a good aerobic base. I can imagine that trying to get clients to understand this will be very hard but it is so important.

Anyway learned heaps my brain is now in overload but still wanting more. I am finding these days, that learning leaves me with more questions than answers. I love it.

1 comment:

Kek said...

You should have called me Claire, I was in and out of the expo on all 3 days.

Friday is always the best day to go from a shopping point of view - it's trade-only, so it's not very crowded, and the exhibitors are a lot more willing to give stuff away than on the public days.