Wednesday 18 April 2007

Australia, UK and friends


Just as I was feeling a little sad, about being so far away from all my friends and family, I got a timely reminder in the form of this postcard.

Now, I do know that this is not representative of the whole of the UK but it did put a little smile on my face and reminded of just why we live in this beautiful country.

I also got a phonecall this morning from a friend who managed to lift my spirits and make me feel better just by talking about nothing. I bleated on to her about how I was feeling so far away from everyone who cares.

I found out I'm not....... There are people here who care about me and people here who I care a lot about.

Leaving your home isn't easy, but the reasons for doing it totally outweigh the reasons for not doing it. I really do love this country and the life I am living here........... Who couldn't.

No comments: