Monday 12 May 2008

It's been a while

Jon arrived home from Europe last Saturday (3rd May) and he brought his mum with him so this week has been very busy. We haven't seen his mum since we left England almost 7 years ago.

I didn't have a very good relationship with his mum back then so was very wary when I found out about her visit. But... it actually went very well. The kids adored her and warmed to her very quickly, even the girls that have never seen her before.

She enjoyed herself so much that she is planning her return trip. She only stayed a week (she flew out yesterday) so hopefully next time she can come for a bit longer.

This was actually her first trip on a plane so she is doing very well to travel back on her own.

1 comment:

Debstar said...

I'm glad the trip went well.

I found with my own mother-in-law that I wasn't truly welcomed into the family until I had produced grandchildren. Maybe that was it or maybe I just grew up enough for us to have some equal footing, or maybe it was because by then we had passed the starry eyed, kissy, cuddly stage and she didn't need to gag each time she saw me LOL.

I can still only take her in small doses.