Monday 3 December 2007

Predictable

Whilst my children surprise me daily with their actions, activities and knowledge, they are also very predictable. We went out as a family yesterday to the first Children's Christmas Party of the year.

They had a fantastic time and loved everything. On the way home in the car, I asked each of them what their favourite part of the day was.

My youngest loved the jumping castles and slides the most, and given that at 6 months old we knew she had a destiny to be a base jumper, her answer was very predictable.

My eldest child is saving hard at the moment for a PS2, I know he will never buy one though because he can't bring himself to spend any of his pocket money, he just likes to see the $$$ grow. His answer was therefore very predictable - all the free stuff, slushies and rides. He didn't figure that we actually had to pay (albeit a small amount) for the tickets.

My middle child has a passion for nature, flowers, animals, insects, our veggie garden etc. I knew then that her favourite part would be the snakes and crocodiles, she held various species and her face was a picture.

I love my kids so much and we had a really lovely day with them. My son even looked out for his sisters instead of arguing and fighting with them. I was very proud of him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you all had a great time.

Debstar said...

It must have been special if they weren't fighting.