Saturday 13 June 2009

Growing up

My little girl is growing up fast, to the point that when I catch her out of the corner of my eye, I mistake her for my older girl.

I don't know when she lost those pudgy toddler legs and grew longer leaner legs. I'm not sure exactly which day her hair got long. We have been waiting for it to grow for 4 years and all of a sudden there it is.

It really did take a moment for me to recognise her when I picked her up from pre-school the other day and then I felt like an awful mum - what mum doesn't instantly recognise her own daughter? It's just that she looked tall and her hair was blowing in the wind and of course she was and is beautiful.

She is growing up - she even complained of growing pains in her legs yesterday - at least I hope that's all it was!


No comments: