Saturday 23 February 2008

Selling Photos

I read in the news today that Jennifer Lopez has given birth to twins and that she has already agreed to sell the first photos for c$6.5m. (If this can be believed)

I don't understand why celebrities need to do this. Surely they already have enough money. I find selling photos, almost like selling a child, I know this is extreme but it is my opinion. Surprisingly to some I am quite a private person and the thought of someone else using photos of my children disturbs me.

I kinda get it when minor celebrities do it, they may need the income to maintain the lifestyle they enjoy, but huge stars, who tend to complain about the media, I don't get it.

I also hear the argument that give them so the paparazzi don't chase for them, but give them, freely, or use the money to help other children. Maybe they do and I am being too judgemental, that is not what I mean. I just don't get it.

Michael Jackson - well that's another extreme.

No comments: