Monday 1 December 2008

Timetable

I am trying to organise my timetable for all my kids out of school activities for next year.

This morning at swimming the school wanted to know what days next year my kids wanted to swim, so they could try and accommodate my request. At the same time I had to pay for the whole of term 1 for 2 of the children. Now, if they can't accommodate me and I can't fit it in with all of the other activities, there is no refund, but I guess swimming, for safety reasons should come first.

I have called the dance school to find out their timetable for next year, they won't have it done until middle of January, the music tutor also will not know until mid Jan, soccer won't be known for sure until March next year, but must take priority (before or after swimming is debatable), then there is band rehearsal, playgroup, doctors and dentist appointments, friends to just play, afternoon tea to fit in, dinner to prepare and work to go to and somewhere, my own training. Training used to be non-negotiable, everything else moved, now it fits, where it fits.

How can I fit it all in? I know I am not the only mother who does this, so if anyone has an easy way of organising this, I will definitely appreciate it.

This is not what I thought about when deciding whether or not to have another child, bigger car, yes. Cost, yes. Homework (I forgot homework), yes. But not splitting myself 3 ways for activities.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

You are very busy. I don't know how you fit it all in. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Debstar said...

I'm worn out just thinking about it too. No answers from me sorry. Maybe you should get a nanny.

Cherub said...

A nanny sounds just the answer, my girlfriend just got one and it has helped her heaps. Different circumstances though. Wouldn't trade my life for hers right now so I guess I will stick with my very detailed calender.