Tuesday 2 December 2008

The day has arrived



The day has arrived. I have been waiting for a few months now. I was expecting the worst. I did not expect this............ my daughter almost falling off the breakfast bar stool because she was laughing so much. I was expecting, tears, disgust, hate, tantrums and vegetarianism.




Yes, my 5 year old has finally figured out where meat comes from. Being a nature lover I was hoping that I would be somewhere else when she figured it out.




However, it started with chicken, she saw a cooked chicken and put 2 and 2 together. She was intrigued. Then I explained about beef and cows, but, it was the explanation of pork that made her lose all control.




Lesson: Don't stress about things before they happen, because it might just well be a waste of time.

1 comment:

Tully said...

Oh no, I personally try not to think too hard about where meat comes from, not a pleasant thought. Good to see that she hasn't taken it all too seriously, just wait until she is a teenager though... :-)