Sunday 10 August 2008

Sunday

Today, I went to work and then came home to an empty house. Jon had taken our son (and girls) to a band festival. Jon was not looking forward to it for several reasons, the main being, these festivals involve a lot of waiting around, our girls don't respond well to this (neither does Jon) and today was the Sydney City to Surf and heading to the City for a festival on this day was not an example of great planning. However, it meant that I got a couple of hours to myself.

I spent the time meditating, relaxing and listening to my music, nobody elses, not fighting, crying, whining, begging for food (because I obviously starve my children). I got to be me for a while.

Then they came home, so I made lunch, washed up, made cheesy zucchini muffins and pumpkin and broccoli soup.

I am now going to have a cup of tea and read my book for a few minutes before I start dinner.

Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday.

By the way, did you see the results for the City to Surf - impressive.

No comments: