Thursday 15 November 2007

Flash back to NZ


I was driving home from dropping my daughters at their various pre-schools and kindes when I had the urge to drive like I did in NZ.


We lived in NZ for 3 years so I guess some habits/rules will stick, but it is 3 years since we lived there.


In NZ when you are turning left, you have to give way to any cars turning right into the same junction. This morning I almost did that, and it has happened before. There are 2 problems with doing that here, first is that the car behind me has no idea why I am waiting to turn left and almost drives into me and the second is that the person turning right looks at me like I am very weird as they have no clue why I am waving at them, (unless of course they are Kiwi) and that just confuses the situation more.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

That's not as bad as driving in Europe and forgetting that everyone drives on the right side of the road. We went around a round-about in the wrong direction and all the other drivers watched us stunned.

Kek said...

In Victoria we always had the left-turn-gives-way rule (cuz of the trams, ya know) but that got changed some years back so as not to confuse everyone when crossing state borders. Every now and then I find myself slipping back into old habits though. Freaky.