Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year

I hope everyone has a very happy, healthy and successful 2009.

Our New Year's Eve was not exactly as planned, well not at all as planned actually. Jon came home from work on Tuesday evening and was very sick and that continued into yesterday, he started to get better in the afternoon but I didn't think it would be fair to go and sit in a park with hundreds of other people when you were not feeling the best. We stayed at home with the children, they had some sparklers and I had some wine.

I've been reading a lot of blogs these last few days (nothing new there) but a lot are making New Year Resolutions and last night I realised that I hadn't thought about what mine might be. I am sure that is for many reasons including, my dad arrives in 2 more sleeps, we have Jon's mam here with us now, my kids have kept me very busy since school holidays started and probably the main one is that I am always working towards a goal or goals.

I admit they are not always perfectly worded or have time frames attached, and this is something I can definitely work on, but they are always there and at the back of my mind.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy New Year Claire

SeLiNa said...

Happy new year!
Enjoy the time with your family, must be nice to have them with you!
xx

Kek said...

We stayed home too, played board games and chatted. We gave our youngest sparklers and party poppers at midnight, watched some fireworks in the next street, then went to bed.

Exciting stuff. But with only two glasses of champagne, I had no hangover to deal with this morning. :o)

Happy New Year - hope you achieve all your goals!