Saturday 25 June 2011

Get on with it

My run was hard today. Mentally and physically.


When I was rudely awakened this morning, I had no idea where I was (not that I am usually anywhere else other than my bed) what day it was or why there was a loud alarm type noise in my bedroom.


However I quickly remembered that it meant it was time to get up for my run class.


From that point until we were stretching afterwards, the negativity in my mind was relentless. For those of you who have children, imagine that your child is at you non stop, whingeing about everything. Well that child was in my head for an hour.


  • I can’t do this
  • It’s too hard
  • I’ll never make it up that hill
  • I wonder if I can switch to another class
  • Why am I doing this?
  • I’m not a runner
  • What, another hill
  • ...and you want me to do it twice
  • Only half way there
  • Still 10 minutes to go


The point here is that we all have days like this.


During the run I didn’t realise that the positive in me was winning this little internal battle, but it did win.


I finished the run and I will be there again next week to do it all over again!




1 comment:

Kek said...

LOL. I love it when I manage to ignore the whining two-year-old in my head and do it anyway.

Nice work!