Thursday 4 September 2008

Nightmares

My eldest daughter (almost 5) is having nightmares.

She is having nightmares that I am making her eat cute baby chicks in sandwiches.

Last week at her preschool they watched the baby chicks hatch from eggs - and so the questions started.

How do we eat eggs if chicks are inside? Her teacher handled this for me explaining that the eggs we eat are different because the rooster has not helped these eggs.

Another day she asked, What are we having for dinner. Dad answered, We might get a chicken. Her reply was no not a chicken, just chicken....... and then the nightmares.

How long do you think I have before she is a vegan? And, how long do you think it will be before she forgives me when she finds out that eggs and chicken are not the only things she is eating?

No comments: