Friday 29 June 2012

Surgery and DIY don't mix

Jon has surgery to repair a fractured thumb yesterday. The surgery went well and he had a good nights sleep.

His thumb is in a plaster cast and it extends to his elbow.

Now, as a good wife I was more than happy to help him out with everything he needed to do. Having only one hand for at least a week was going to be challenging for him. So, cooking, cleaning, making cups of tea etc, I was totally prepared for.

However, him choosing to fix a roller blind to a wall this afternoon, with my help, I was not prepared for! I didn't sign up for this!

This evening, he admitted as he asked for the pain killers that perhaps doing DIY within 24 hours of hand surgery was not a good idea.

I didn't say I told you so. I didn't need to. We've been together so long that he knows what I am thinking. It's just that earlier today he chose to ignore me.


Oh and an aside, his cast looks like a boxing glove. It's not pink but I like pink.  :)

No comments: