Wednesday 10 August 2011

Riots



I am really saddened by what is going on back home in England. Also devastated to see and hear that my adored Manchester was attacked last night.

Firstly I want to say that I hope my family and friends are safe and that their properties are damage free.

I'm not exactly sure of where I stand in terms of who or what is to blame.

Obviously there are many opportunist thugs out there on the streets just looking to rob and destroy whatever they can but there also seems to be a lot of youths out there who are hurting.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not in any way excusing their behaviour, it is so far removed from anything I can comprehend but I cannot help feeling that in some way some one has failed them.

Is it the parents, the teachers, the government, the system?

I've been reading a lot of opinions and can agree partially with both sides of the argument.

I agree that we make our own choices and decisions in life but we can't choose who we are born to or where we are raised. As children others make choices for us. Right or wrong.

My generation is blaming the kids, maybe my generation failed them. Maybe by seeing this coming and leaving the country 10 years ago, I failed them.

No comments: